Membership in the Tusquahoma Chapter of the National Honor Society is an honor given to students at the beginning of the spring semester of their junior year, who exhibit the highest standard of Scholarship, Character, Leadership, and Service in their school and community.
In order to be considered for membership, students must fill out a Google Form in the spring semester of their junior year. Each section of the form must be completed in full, in order for the participant’s application to be processed by the sponsors and approved by the Faculty Council. If a student is not selected for membership, he/she may reapply in the spring semester of senior year. Applicants may join the Google Classroom with the join code: gti5q5f
- The student must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 (no rounding) as reported on their transcript.
- Students must have the required academic requirement courses appear on their transcript by their 5th semester of their junior year:
- English I, II, and III
- Algebra I, Geometry, and 3rd Math credit
- Biology I, Chemistry I, and 3rd additional Science credit
- Civics and/or Human Geography, US History, and 3rd additional Social Studies credit
- Students must have at least 4 upper-level academic courses from the list below:
- Advanced Math
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Algebra III
- Art II, III, or IV
- Biology II
- Business Computer Applications
- Digital Graphics
- European History
- FACS II
- Foreign Language I, II, or III
- Introduction to STEM
- Law Studies I, II, or III
- Medical Terminology
- ROTC III, IV
- Yearbook (1 credit for participation in all years)
- Advanced Band, Choir, or Orchestra (1 credit for participation in all years)
- Physical Education I, II, and III including sports and ROTC I and II (1 credit for participation in all years)
- Any additional Dual Enrollment (DE), Advanced Placement (AP) core, or elective course (not listed under the 2nd criteria).
- Students must be enrolled in at least 3 academic courses (math, science, social studies, English, foreign language, or any DE/AP elective) during ALL semesters of their membership.
- Students must receive at least 6 teacher recommendations. Mrs. Lovelady will give a list of all applicants for teachers to recommend, teachers will give special consideration to behavior, attitude, honesty, attendance, and punctuality.
- Students applying for membership will not be considered if they receive more than one major discipline report. Current members will be dropped from membership if they receive a discipline report (major or minor). Discipline records will be checked at the time of application and before graduation.
- Students must describe at least 2 examples of ways they have demonstrated leadership abilities during their high school years. These examples must be specific and include duties performed.
- Applicants must submit at least 2 examples of service to their school or community during their high school years. These examples must be specific and should include duties performed.
Maintaining Membership Once Inducted:
To maintain membership in the National Honor Society, students must
- Pay $12 dues prior to the induction ceremony
- Maintain earned GPA of at least 3.3 (to be checked 3 weeks prior to graduation).
- Complete four service projects during the year.
- Receive no Discipline Reports.
- Be enrolled in three academic courses in both semesters.
- Attend induction rehearsal and ceremony
- Maintain the highest levels of personal conduct, loyalty to school, respect for self and authority, and honesty in classwork and dealing with others.
Failure to meet any of the above requirements will result in being dropped from membership in the National Honor Society. Sponsors will contact parents if the student has failed to meet the criteria for membership.