In order to be considered for membership, students must fill out an information sheet in the spring semester of their junior year. If a student is not selected for membership, he may reapply in the spring semester of his senior year.
1. The student must have an Earned GPA of at least 3.3 (no rounding) as reported on their transcript.
2. Students must have at least 6 upper level academic courses from the list below. The courses must be on the transcript to be considered. FACS Speech II, III, IV Biology II Art II, III, IV Chemistry I, II ROTC III, IV Physics I, II Foreign Language I, II, III Calculus Advanced Band or Pre-Calculus or Advanced Math Advanced Choir Geometry and Algebra II (1 credit for participation (One credit for 2 courses) in all years) English III AP Physical Education I, II, III, IV English IV AP (1 credit for participation in European History or World History all years) Business Computer Applications All Honors or GT level classes (only 2 may be included from the 9th and 10th grade)
3. Students must be enrolled in at least 4 consecutive courses during the entire course of their membership.
1. Students must receive at least 6 teacher recommendations. Teachers will give special consideration to behavior, attitude, honesty, attendance, and punctuality.
2. Students applying for membership will not be considered and current members will be dropped from membership if they receive more than two Discipline Reports, only one of which may be for any reason other than a tardy or other minor violation. Discipline records will be checked at the time of application and before graduation.
1. Students must describe at least 2 examples of ways in which they demonstrated leadership abilities during their high school years. These examples must be specific and include duties performed.
Applicants must submit at least 2 examples of service to their school or community during their high school years. These examples must be specific and should include duties performed.
Maintaining Membership Once Inducted: (Effective for inductees of spring 2020 and later.) To maintain membership in the National Honor Society, students must
1. Pay $10 dues prior the induction ceremony.
2. Maintain an Earned GPA of at least 3.3 (to be checked 3 weeks prior to graduation…extenuating circumstances may necessitate a change at any time).
3. Complete two service projects during the year
4. Receive no more than two Discipline Reports (only one of which may be for a reason other than a tardy or other minor violation).
5. Be enrolled in at least four consecutive courses both semesters.
6. Attend Induction rehearsal and ceremony
7. Maintain the highest levels of personal conduct, loyalty to school, respect for self and authority, and honest in class work and dealing with others. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will result in being dropped from membership in the National Honor Society.
Sponsors will contact parents if student has failed to meet the criteria for membership.